Sometimes you just need a little snack to have with your coffee or tea. These vegan lemon muffins are the perfect treat when you’re enjoying a cup of your favorite hot beverage.
This is a very straightforward recipe that I will most likely be tweaking over time. Feel free to experiment with this vegan lemon muffin recipe to make it your own. The right combination of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom or ginger can take this recipe to the next level.
You can also swap out the vegan ingredients for dairy to make this a simple lemon muffin recipe.
Vegan Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp flaxseed (ground)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Mix flax seed with water then set aside
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and lemon zest
- Add flax mixture, oil and lemon juice to dry ingredients
- Combine thoroughly but do not over mix the batter
- Fill a lined muffin tray with batter
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
- Allow to cool on a rack for 5 minutes before enjoying