1. Prepare an 8-inch cake pan by lining the entire pan with foil. Once the pan lined, spray with non-stick spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 325F.
3. In a medium bowl, toss the biscuit crumbs, sugar, salt and melted butter together until all the crumbs are moist.
4. Press ¾ of the crumb mixture into the pan to form a crust.
5. Reserve the remaining ¼ for garnish later.
6. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together on medium speed for 3 minutes. Scrape bowl.
7. Continue beating the cream cheese and sugar together for another 5 to 6 minutes, until there are no lumps and the batter is completely smooth. This is crucial to ensure a smooth and silky cheesecake.
8. On low speed, add the eggs to the batter, one at a time, scraping in between each addition. Careful not to overbeat the eggs. Mix just until the egg is dissolved.
9. Stir in vanilla essence and lime zest just until combined.
10. On low speed, add heavy cream. Mix just until combined.
11. Gently pour the filling into the prepared baking pan with crust.
12. Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until the cheesecake is firm in the middle upon a gentle touch.
13. Remove from oven and let cool completely at room temperature.
14. Once completely cool, refrigerate for at least six hours or ideally overnight.
15. Gently remove the cheesecake from the pan and peel away the foil.
16. Garnish edges with remaining crumbs, and top with whipped cream and jam or sauce.
Ingredients – Fruit Sauce
1 cup of fruit juice/ fruit puree (Passionfruit, guava, strawberry, pineapple can be used)
¼ cup of granulated sugar
2 tbsp of cornstarch
½ cup of water
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook juice and sugar until it reaches a rolling boil.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in ¼ cup of water in a separate bowl.
3. With the heat on low, stir the cornstarch into the juice mixture.
4. Stir constantly until thick.
5. Pour heatproof container and allow cooling.