Digestive Biscuits are the perfect tea time snack. They are easy to make and require basic ingredients. Sure you can purchase digestive biscuits in the supermarket but where’s the fun in that? Try these and add your own twist to them to create the perfect tea time snack just the way you like it!
- 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp tonkabean
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and combine well
- Add butter to dry ingredients then use your hand to mix well or a food processor to combine until mixture is the consistency of wet sand
- Add milk then bring together into a ball of dough
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper then roll dough out a circle 1/4 inch thick
- Use a cookie cutter to cut biscuits.
- Bring remaining dough together then repeat the process until all the dough is used.
- Use a toothpick to create the signature “digestive biscuit holes”
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes
- Allow to cool on a rack
- Enjoy with your favorite tea!